Frequently Asked Questions to tell you a little more about how I can serve you. Still have questions? Send me a note in the contact section and I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
1. Once you figure out what type of event you would like to have, or if you have questions about possibilities, reach out to me to schedule a phone call or in-person meeting.
2. You and I will talk about what you expect this meal to be, some of your favorite foods and food aversions, and any other important information I need to know.
3. Within 48 hours I will send you a detailed menu and estimated bill for you to review.
4. I will send you a brief 1-page contract for you to sign along with your invoice payment.
5. Check-in with me 7 days before the event to make sure that the numbers and food are still accurate. I will have a timeline of when I should arrive/food should be ready etc. for you as well.
6. On the day of the event, you get to relax and have everything catered to you! Enjoy the time with those closest to you and live in the moment.
HOW DOES THE VIRTUAL WINE CLASS PROCESS WORK?
1. Reach out to me regarding what type of wine class you’d like to have, or to talk about what may be best for your group. During that conversation, we’ll discuss likes, dislikes, things you’re interested in learning about, and recommendations on where guests can purchase wines.
**Please note that for custom classes, a minimum of 10 people are required to sign up*** If you don’t have that many people then I need to charge slightly more per person. ***
2. Once the date and group size is finalized, I will create a buying guide, custom made for your group and your class, regarding which wines to purchase (if we decide to go this route) and any food items if desired. If you’d like to see a free example, check out the store tab on my website.
3. I will e-mail you, or your entire group, the buying guide, and all the details for the class.
4. Once I receive payment (either all from the host, or from each individual) I will send out the zoom link so everyone can attend.
5. The class will begin and we’ll have fun!
50% is due upfront while the other 50% is due 7 days prior to the event. A check or credit card is accepted. Credit card charges will incur an extra 3% processing fee.
Great! Let’s start talking! Any course can be made for nearly any knowledge level. If the class is mostly beginners, we’ll discuss more high-level concepts, if guests want to geek out with me about wine, we can dive into that as well! If you know you like a style, I can also create a flight of similar wines. On the other hand, if you are comfortable with trying something new, I can branch out while staying close to the varieties of wines you may like.
First, I have a base fee, and second, a food cost. My base fee covers time – to plan, to organize, to drive to and from stores, to you, and to go grocery shopping for everything you’ll need. Then it covers the time that I will spend cooking the food. Second, the food cost, we will discuss what your budget and food needs are. Once we get a menu planned down and I’ve calculated the food cost, I will be able to send you the price per person for each item. Finally, if you find the experience a great one, gratuities may be given after the event, but are never expected. The best gratuity that you can give is recommendations to your friends to hire me for their events.
You pick! I do completely customized dinners, appetizers, wine pairing parties, etc. Up to you! See the “Gallery” page for more ideas, if you still have questions or have a new idea, send me an e-mail, and let’s discuss it. In the past, I’ve done “make your own Sushi” participatory dinners, dinners around a style and bottle of wine, regional dinners, food and wine pairings of specific styles of food (i.e. seafood, all vegetarian, etc.).
No problem! If you drink beer or other alcoholic beverages, I can make dinner around that. If you prefer not to drink alcohol at all but still want to have something fun, mocktails are a great option! There are many other fabulous types of beverages out there that are just as fancy and I would be happy to develop one especially for your occasion.
Fabulous! I love it when clients are excited about wines. Let me know what it is, and I’ll send you some pairing ideas. Not only that, but I’ll do extra research to learn what I can about it and hope to find some new nuggets of information you didn’t know about.
I take food allergies very seriously as a chef. Please be very upfront and complete about them and any worries you may have. The great thing about me coming to you is, chances are you won’t have the allergen in your kitchen, to begin with, unlike a large commercial restaurant where there are so many ingredients and hands touching all surfaces that you never know what could be cross-contaminated. With me, I can deep clean and know that there won’t be any type of cross-contamination with your food.
Pick A Date
Whether a class or a dinner, pick a date that works with your schedule.
I’m a big proponent of sustainable and seasonal ingredients. You’ll find high quality in every bite.
Food should always taste good.
That’s why every meal is customized to your preferences.
I’m always trying to work on new and exciting things. My sweet spot is making the everyday dish into something amazing.
Want to learn more about wine? I’ve got you covered. These are custom too – so the class can be on your cellar favorites, or on something brand new.
Wine & Food
I also offer food and wine pairings to complete your dining experience.