The almond flour in these muffins makes them juuuust barely nutty, and so fluffy! I bake a double batch and keep some in the freezer!
1 1/2 Cups Almond Flour
1 Cup Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Flour Mix
1/4 Cup Truvia (or use 3/4 cup regular granulated sugar)
1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
1/2 Tablespoon Baking Soda
3/4 teaspoon Salt
6 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
3 Ripe Bananas
1/3 Cup Whole Milk
1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
Chocolate Chips – to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 F and grease 1 regular sized muffin tin.
2. In a large bowl mix flours, sugar, baking powder and soda, and salt together. Then cut in the butter (or just mush the butter into the flour with your hands) until the mixture is coarse and feels like damp sand. You can also use a food processor this.
3. In a blender, stand mixer (or you can simply crush the bananas with my hands if you don’t want to dirty another dish), combine bananas, eggs, milk, and vanilla extract. Mix well. I like having some small chunks of banana, but if you like yours completely smooth then continue blending/mixing until mixture is smooth.
4. Combine the banana mixture with your dry mix and mix until incorporated. It will be a touch lumpy. Batter should be fairly thick. Add in chocolate chips (as many as desired).
5. Spoon into your greased muffin cups/tins and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown. Let cool for 5 minutes before removing to continue cooling on rack.
Keywords: Gluten Free Almond Flour Banana Muffins, Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins, Muffins, Baking, Healthy, Low Sugar, Low Sugar Muffins
Find it online: https://thesommchef.com/banana-chocolate-chip-muffins/