Add this Carbonara to your weeknight staples! Easily made with most ingredients you already have on hand. You also use Pecorino Romano instead of Parmesan, or use a 50/50 blend. This pasta is also excellent with crispy bacon as a substitute for the Pancetta.
8oz (1/2 box) of Spaghetti or Bucatini Pasta
2 large eggs and 2 large yolks, room temperature
2/3 packed cup grated Parmesan Cheese
Coarsely ground black pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
4–6oz Pancetta, cubed
1. Get a large pot of salted water on the stove and bring to a boil.
2. While waiting, mix together the eggs, yolks, cheese, salt and pepper.
3. Sauté Pancetta to get it nice and crispy.
4. If pasta isn’t ready to be added when Pancetta is crispy, remove pancetta from the sauté pan and set aside.
5. Add pasta to boiling water and cook until al dente (or just before this — you’ll continue to cook the pasta for 1-2 minutes in the sauce after this).
6. Once pasta is al dente, reserve 1 Cup of pasta water, and strain pasta. Add pasta to sauté pan with Pancetta and add half of the pasta water. Cook for 2 minutes. Pasta should soak up most of the water.
7. Pour pasta and pancetta into serving bowl and pour egg mixture on top right away. Using tongs, coat all the noodles with the sauce. If looking a bit dry, add some more of the hot pasta water.
8. Grate more cheese and black pepper on top and serve.
Keywords: Pasta, Quick, Easy, Main Course, Dinner, Spaghetti, Simple,