These delicious muffins are nut-free, dairy-free, gluten-free, and free from any processed sugars! They also freeze quite well if you want to make a big batch and reheat individually in the microwave as needed.
1/2 Cup Pumpkin Puree = 109g
4 large eggs, whites and yolks separated
2 Tbsp Honey
4 Tbsp Coconut Oil = 43g
12.5 g (~2 Tbsp) Coconut Flour
32g (~4 Tbsp) Cassava Flour
2 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Clove
1 tsp All Spice
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Baking Soda
1. Preheat oven to 325 F and carefully separate the egg yolks and whites, one at a time to make sure no yolk gets in with the whites. If some does, add the white in with the yolks and just whisk the clean whites you have.
2. Add clean whites to mixing bowl and whisk on low for 2 minutes, gradually increasing speeds every 2 minutes until you have soft peaks. (Peaks that fold over when you remove the whisk).
3. While whites are whisking, combine the yolks with the melted coconut oil, honey, and pumpkin. Then add in coconut and cassava flours, spices and baking powder and soda.
4. Whisk well until well combined. Then add in 1/3 of whipped egg whites.
5. Once incorporated, gently fold in another 1/3 of the egg whites. Once no streaks remain, add in the last 1/3 of egg whites and fold gently.
6. Grease some muffin tins and cups with oil of your choice (grape seed, coconut, etc.) and spoon in batter until muffin cups are about 2/3 full.
7. Pop in the oven and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center. They should be springy and start to pull away from the sides slightly.
Keywords: Paleo, Gluten Free, Pumpkin, Muffin, Easy, Quick, Pumpkin Spice, Dairy Free, Grain Free