These bites are perfect for parties or for when you need a quick and easy dessert. Add the sprinkles and frost with buttercream for an extra luscious treat, or serve as is! The original recipe is enough for 6 large cupcakes or 18 mini cupcakes.
1 Stick Unsalted Butter, room Temp
2 Tbsp Oil, Grapeseed or Vegetable
1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons Truvia (or 3/4 Cup Sugar)
2 Large Eggs, room temp
2 Large Egg Whites, room temp
1/2 Tbsp Vanilla Bean Paste (or 1 tsp extract)
1 Cup Cake Flour
1/2 Cup AP Flour
2 tsp Baking Powder
2 Tbsp Sprinkles
1. Preheat the oven to 325 F. Beat the butter, oil and sugar together until fluffy.
2. Add in the eggs, Vanilla Bean Paste (or Extract) and beat until well incorporated.
3. Add in Cake Flour and All Purpose Flour with Baking Powder. Batter will be quite thick. Fold in 2 Tbsp sprinkles gently and spoon into muffin tin.
4. Bake at 325 F for 18 minutes (for regular size cupcakes, about 8-10 minutes for mini cupcakes) until edges are just barely golden and the top springs back. A tooth pick should come out clean if inserted.
5. Let cool completely and remove from pan. Frost if desired or serve as is.
Instead of frosting, you could also add a glaze of powdered sugar and water to thinly coat the tops for a more finished and glamorous look.
Keywords: Dessert, Cupcakes, Easy Dessert, Pound Cake, Cake, Mini Desserts