These healthy seed and nut bars are the perfect snack to fend off those afternoon cravings. This recipe is also pretty flexible if you’d like to add in other types of nuts or dried fruits. If you enjoy the citrus element, feel free to add in extra zest!
1 Cup Flaxseeds
2 Cups Sliced Almonds
1/2 Cup Pumpkin Seeds
1/4 Cup Sunflower Seeds
1 Cup Sesame Seeds
1/4 Cup Raisins
1/4 Cup Cherries
3/4 Cup Apricots
1/4 Cup Honey
1/2 Tablespoon Cardamom
Zest of 2 Large Oranges
1/2 Cup Coconut Oil
1. Preheat Oven to 350 F. Melt the coconut oil and honey together and whisk to combine well.
2. Combine all other ingredients, and add in the honey and oil mixture.
3. The mixture should stick together but shouldn’t be too dry. If it looks like not everything is coated, add in an extra 2 Tbsp of Coconut Oil and 1 Tbsp of Honey.
4. Lightly grease some parchment paper on a 1/4 size sheet pan (8”X12”) and press in the bar mixture. If you have another sheet tray the same size, press to flatten and compact the mixture as well as you can.
5. Bake for 45-50 minutes until golden brown along the edges and top. Remove from oven and cut your squares, but leave in the pan. Cool completely.
In order to help them keep their shape, store in the fridge and serve semi-chilled. The longer they spend at room temperature the more crumbly they will be.
Store in the fridge up 1 week or in the freezer up to 2 months.
Keywords: Healthy Breakfast, Healthy Bars, Seed and Nut Bars, Healthy Food, Whole30, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Keto, Paleo, Healthy Snacks