Light and filling, this Spicy Crab Spaghetti will be an elevated staple to your weeknight meal plan!
- 8oz or 1/2 Pound Dried Pasta
- 1–2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive OIl
- 1 Large Shallot
- 2 Large Cloves of Garlic
- 1/2 Bunch of Asparagus
- 1/4 cup White Wine
- 1 8oz container Lump Crab Meat (typically canned near your fish counter)
- 2–3 Fresnos or 1 Tbsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 stick of Butter, cold
- Juice + Zest from 1-2 Lemons
- Salt and Pepper, as needed
- Get a large pasta pot on the stove with water and salt. Bring to a boil.
- While waiting for your water, mince shallot and garlic.
- Drizzle about 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil in a sauté pan with sides. Add shallot, garlic, and a pinch of salt. Cook on medium until translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Slice asparagus on the bias, discarding the woody end part of the stem.
- Take crab meat and put into a bowl and gently comb your fingers through it to check for any hard shell pieces.
- When water is at a boil, add in pasta and set timer for recommended cooking time.
- To the shallot and garlic pan, add in 1/4 cup of white wine, asparagus slices and a pinch of salt and pepper. Let sauté for 2 minutes, adding more olive oil if needed.
- Then add in crab, fresnos (or pepper flakes), and 4 tablespoons of butter. Turn heat to medium-low and allow the butter to slowly melt, while heating the crab through, swirling your pan often.
- Squeeze lemon juice into the sauté pan and mix in.
- Drain pasta, reserving 3/4 Cup cooking liquid. Add pasta and 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid to the sauté pan and stir well. If looking a little dry, add in more liquid to help gloss it up. Sprinkle more salt and pepper in as needed.
- Serve and top with fresh grated parmesan cheese and lemon zest.
Alternatively, you an add in the lemon zest right before serving, but I like how it looks on top of the pasta once plated.
I also like this pasta very lemon-y so I serve with a wedge of lemon to squeeze at the table too.
- Category: Pasta
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 4oz Pasta + Toppings
- Calories: 675
Keywords: Pasta, Spaghetti, Crab, Seafood, Asparagus, Lemon, Spicy, Italian