Truffle Pasta dough can be used for ravioli or hand cut pasta. Do whatever works for you!
2 Cups 00 Flour
4 Egg Yolks
2 Whole Eggs
1 tsp White Truffle Oil
1 Black Truffle, Grated
1. Clean an area of your countertop for rolling out the dough on. Measure out flour and place on a clean countertop, or in a clean bowl.
2. Make a well in the middle of your flour and crack eggs into it. Add a pinch of salt and a few drops of white truffle oil. Grate the black truffle into that well as well.
3. With a fork, whisk the eggs, truffle, oil, and salt together until eggs are well combined. Then start to gradually incorporate your flour, starting from the inner part of the circle and going outward. Alternatively, you can also take a bench scraper and scrape the flour and the yolks together.
4. Once a rough ball forms, clean off your utinsel and using your hands continue to add in the flour to the dough, kneading as you go. It may look quite flakey at first. If you notice it’s becoming tough, add an extra yolk to the dough and keep kneading. Alternatively, you can add ~1 Tbsp of your extra whites if you prefer.
5. The dough should be barely sticky, and easily molded into a ball, flattened on the counter, and folded over itself. This will take about 10 minutes of kneading before it’s smooth and elastic.
6. Cover in plastic wrap and let rest for 20-30 minutes.
7. Lightly flour work surface and remove 1/2 of dough from plastic. Roll out until desired thickness using a rolling pin or pasta machine. For ravioli, I typically go to the 2nd lowest setting on the machine, for fettuccini I use the third or fourth depending on the pasta and sauce. If rolling by hand, try to get 1/8″ thick.
8. Roll out the other half and cut pasta as desired. If not using right away, freeze in small nests or as sheets layered in a small sheet tray with plastic between each layer.
9. Cook in boiling water for 90 seconds for non-filled pasta and 2 minutes for ravioli’s.
This recipe can be easily halved if desired. It will make about 30 Ravioli’s (enough for 6 people).
Keywords: Truffle, Truffle Pasta, Pasta, Ravioli, Black Truffle, White Truffle, DIY, Dinner, Special Dinner, Main Course